Monday, March 16, 2009

Finished!

A few weeks ago I finished my first quilt. Thanks to my friend, Bekki, who showed me how to do it and walked me through the whole process. Most of our time was spent cutting out all the pieces and sewing them together. Then we went to a woman's house in our stake who owns a machine quilter...which was awesome! She let us quilt it ourselves and it only took a few hours. At first I was a little nervous to use the machine quilter because we weren't using a pattern and so we just had to think of designs on the fly and I was afraid I was going to mess it all up. After doing a few rows though, I got more comfortable with it and ended up having a great time. After the machine quilter I took it home and sewed on the binding by hand and then it was done. Here are the pictures.



A different design is stitched into each colored square. Looping lines are on the white pieces.



See the dinosaur?



"Abigail" is stitched into the bottom corner of the quilt.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly, that is such a great quilt. I am so impressed. You are making me want to make one too.

. said...

very nice Holly. perhaps i will get to know that quilt on a more intimate level next time i am down visiting?

Shelbs said...

wow holls. That looks so awesome. So cool. I wish I were as domestic as you! Beautiful.

Melissa said...

Good job Holly! That quilt looks great.

stacey said...

that is so impressive! i love how you did the quilting. and i am jealous you have access to one of those awesome machines!

Kristen said...

This is amazing!! I love it.