Sunday, December 7, 2008

Traditions worth Having

It's hard to say if a tradition is a tradition until it stands the test of time. That's why, despite my Dad's insistence, caroling was never a tradition. We did it that one time and we all sounded so terrible and couldn't remember any of the words that we never did it again. Holly and I have found a few activities that we enjoy doing around the holidays, and while we wait for time to decide if they're traditions, we'll call them traditions worth having.

In one of my BYU wards, we volunteered for the Festival of Trees. I liked it so much that I've been several times since. Holly and I went for our second time on Friday and it was just as good as it ever was.


This year we added a new activity that we enjoyed so much, it may very well become a tradition. Each year for the past 6 years, a group in Alpine puts on a Live Nativity complete with real camels, sheep, billy goats, blacksmiths, basketweavers, a fully outfitted Roman Soldier and of course, Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus. All the participants are volunteers from around Alpine. Abby and I posed next to one of the horses. None of our other pictures turned out, which is good for you because that means you can go next year and we won't have spoiled it for you! We loved it.



Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

. said...

i've always enjoyed hearing about the Christmas traditions of others and it's good to know you're starting your own. Abby is getting huge! is she really only a few months old? anyway, Merry Christmas you guys.

Unknown said...

You guys look so cute as a family. It looks like you had a lot of fun. We'll all have to get together again soon, the babes can play and we can all talk and catch up.

Melissa E Photography said...

Hey Mrs. Holly!! This is Melissa from Brighton! How are you? Your little family looks so cute and happy!

Hey, we're planning a madrigal Christmas reunion on Facebook and Stace gave me your blog address. The reunion is on the 27th at 6:00 at Troy's house. I'll keep you undated in case anything changes. If you have any questions, just give me a call. My number is 801-870-5088.

Yay for blogging! :)

ann said...

Oh my goodness! Your little stinker is so cute! I can't believe it! I am so glad you found me. Those are some fun traditions! We should all get together in the spring time/summer when it is not so busy for everyone. Maybe I'll throw a party... in the mean time, I will read your blog. :)