Wednesday, October 1, 2008

O-missions

In my last post, I failed to mention that Holly only pushed for half an hour before Abigail came out. I point this out for two reasons. One, to belatedly commend my good wife on her superior birthing abilities. Two, to explain the more clever title that I regret not using for that post: "30 Minute Abs." I apologize to all of my readers for my momentary lack of creativity. I blame lack of sleep.

Last Wednesday, Holly and I went to the MTC to see off her brother Trent. He's going to a mission in Ukraine that I can neither spell or pronounce. It was emotional and I did get a little teary eyed. I'm embarrassed to admit, however, that my emotions surfaced not as our missionary departed (after all, Trent is one of the most well prepared missionaries I've ever known), but rather during one of the church commercials they show while you wait. Have you guys ever seen that Itsy-Bitsy Spider commercial where the Dad sings to his daughter while working in the mine and then all his buddies give him a hard time afterwards? Great segment. Again, I blame lack of sleep.

Good luck Trent! We'll miss you!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

30 minutes! I'm jealous, good job Holly! Hope you and Abby are still doing well.

. said...

this whole entryis brilliant Clark. so was your comment on my blog...still making me laugh. and yes, i may have shed a tear or two because of that commercial. the one with the handicapped girl swimming with all the other normal girls and everone starts rooting her on is the worst!

and, i am starting a petition to blogger to get rid of the word verification when posting a comment. in the mean time, if you could eliminate this from your blog that would be great. having to type 'ahsapkuh' is too unnatural and i promise your blog would gain more popularity.

Clark said...

Dude, I looked around (not very hard) for a way to get rid of it, but I didn't know how. How do I do it?

jeannie said...

hey! i dropped the cd off on your front door...let me know if you found it. hope you like the pics. also, is it okay if i use a couple of pics on a photography blog? thanks for letting me take pictures of your beautiful baby.

Amanda said...

Haha, Clark. I hate it when I come up with a really good idea after I've published my posts and it's been too long and would be lame if I just changed the original post. :)

On another note...more pictures please! I know you're probably not busy or anything...

By the way, how did you get rid of the verification?