This weekend, Holly and I joined her family on a road trip to Southern Utah to watch The Sound of Music at Tuacahn in St. George and The Fiddler on The Roof at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. Both plays were fantastic, two of our favorites. During the intermission of the Sound of Music, I asked the lady next to me where she was from. "Oregon," she said, "but my grandchildren are here visiting from Sandy." With a fancy-that tone I responded, "I'm here with my in-laws and they're from Sandy too." Then she said, "What part of Sandy?" That's where I drew a blank. I know Sandy pretty well, I've just never been asked to say what part of it I know. My aunt and uncle live off Newcastle, which is also the street Holly lives on, but I couldn't expect that to be an acceptable "part" of Sandy. This woman must have realized how hard it is to partition a city like Sandy, because as I struggled to come up with a response, she answered "Newcastle?" and then laughed at her own response. I was shocked. "Yes, ON Newcastle!" I said, surprised and relieved that I was off the hook. It turns out this lady's grandchildren were in Holly's parents ward. Fancy that!
All in all, the weekend was fantastic. We even squeezed in a visit to the St. George temple. I also finally realized on this trip that the Heiners are serious about their ice cream. They love it and they're not afraid to show it. Thank you Heiner family for treating us to a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
:) The "Newcastle" part of Sandy! Fun blog you guys! The baby countdown is getting so exciting!
Love you!
Amber
Holly! This is Amy Wright, used to be Zimbelman! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! Congrats on the pregnancy...any names? Check out my blog at jordanandamywright.blogspot.com . Good luck with everything!
fancy that indeed! you guys are awesome. best wishes with the delivery Holly.
Post a Comment